Please read the below agreement and sign via placing a check in the box at the bottom prior to submitting your request.
Data Use Agreements
Your request for a Data Set, as defined below, is subject to the terms and conditions of this Data Use Agreement.
Conditions of Use
- "Data Set" — An organized collection of publically available digital data derived from part of accreditation
activities about programs and institutions.
- "Data User" — The individual to whom access has been granted to the requested Data Set, including his or her immediate
collaboration sphere, defined here as the institutions, partners, students and staff with whom the Data User collaborates, and
with whom access must be granted, in order to fulfill the Data User's intended use of the Data Set.
- "Data Set Contact" — The individual at the ACGME who authorizes the release of the Data Set to the Data User.
The re-use of scientific data has the potential to greatly increase communication, collaboration and synthesis within and
among disciplines, and thus is fostered, supported and encouraged. Permission to use this Data Set is granted to the Data User
free of charge subject to the following terms:
- Acceptable use. Use of the Data Set will be restricted to the use described in your request. The Data User is
permitted to produce and distribute derived works from this Data Set provided that such use and distribution is done in
accordance with the terms of this Data Use Agreement. Any other uses for the Data Set or its derived products will require
explicit permission from the ACGME. Under no circumstances is the Data User permitted to sell the Data Set.
- Redistribution. The Data Set is provided for use by the Data User. The Data User will not redistribute or republish
the original Data Set.
- Citation. It is considered a matter of professional ethics to acknowledge the work of other scientists. Thus, the
Data User will properly cite the Data Set in any publications or in any derived products that were produced using the Data Set.
- Acknowledgement. The Data User should acknowledge any institutional support or specific funding awards
accompanying this Data Set in any publications where the Data Set contributed significantly to its content.
- Notification. The Data User will notify the Data Set Contact when any derivative work or publication based on or
derived from the Data Set is distributed and will provide the Data Set Contact with reprints or on-line access to any
derived digital products. Notification will include an explanation of how the Data Set was used to produce the derived work.
- Collaboration. The Data Set has been released in the spirit of open scientific collaboration. Data Users are thus
strongly encouraged to consider consultation and/or collaboration with the Data Set Creator prior to publication.
The Data User and the ACGME acknowledge and agree that the Data User shall have the right to communicate the outcomes of its research
in any fashion, including but not limited to, publishing, reproducing, preparing derivative works based upon, distributing, displaying, or
presenting the outcomes; provided, however, the Data User shall provide ACGME with a copy of the publication thirty (30) days prior
to disclosure to a third party so that the ACGME can review to ensure the Data Set has been used in accordance with this agreement
and any restrictions on the Data Set provided at the time of disclosure.
The ACGME does not grant the Data User any right or license to use the ACGME’s logo or trademarks.
Acceptance of Terms
By accepting this Data Set, the Data User agrees to abide by the terms of this agreement. The Data Owner shall have the right to
terminate this agreement immediately by written notice upon the Data User's breach of, or non-compliance with, any of its terms
in which the Data User will be required to return or destroy all copies of the Data Set. The Data User may be held responsible
for any misuse that is caused or encouraged by the Data User's failure to abide by the terms of this agreement.
While substantial efforts are made to ensure the accuracy of data and documentation contained in this Data Set, complete
accuracy of data cannot be guaranteed. All data are made available "as is". The Data User holds all parties involved in the
production or distribution of the Data Set harmless for damages resulting from its use or interpretation.